Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Srila Gurudeva

Srila Gurudeva has been in high spirits the last few days, singing and speaking slokas. He gave the first darshan in ages yesterday, and at one point looked at me and asked, "if I play mrdanga, is that exercise?" LOL. I said a big YES. He didn't play yesterday, but did for about 30 seconds today. I have it on my phone video and will figure out how to post.
He has been speaking to individual devotees and giving instructions and affection. Avadhut Maharaja has been helping so much here and Srila Gurudeva really loves him. He smiles and gets life when Avadhut Mj comes in the room.

Kamala Naini (I don't know how to spell her name) came in to see Srila Gurudeva yesterday. She is helping a lot with the cows in Nabadwip. When asked if she could come, He said... "kamala? Cow mother?" soooo sweet. He was incredibly affectionate with her and when she got up to leave He called her back.... she started to cry.... and he reacted in a way I have never seen...
The way he was with her I have never seen. We just don't know who we are dealing with when we deal with devotees. She is a seemingly normal girl (I think about my age, maybe a little older) from Venezuela who loves to take care of the cows. She is lovely, but obviously she is soooooo much more than what I am seeing. I have to remember this always.... I don't know who I am talking to... only Gurudeva can know. He is so affectionate with some devotees that seemingly are doing wrong.... but I really don't know who they are or what their purpose is here. It was a good lesson for me... I hope I remember it.

4 comments:

  1. precious lesson awareness and respect,thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice meditation---keep on writing friend!!! xoxo Rai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this blog! Jaya Gurudeva! Dandavats d.d.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiki, these blogs are like a ray of divinity and feeling. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete